An App combining the British National Formulary (BNF) and British National Formulary for Children (BNFC) is available. No login is required and users don’t need to be connected to the Internet to access it. CLICK HERE for links to download the App for Android or Apple devices and for links to the BNF and BNFC websites.
The BrowZine App is available for Kindle Fire, Android and Apple devices.
1) Download BrowZine: From your Android, iOS or Kindle Fire device, visit the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon App Store. Search for BrowZine and download the app to your device. (If you have previously been using BrowZine with the Open Access library, please delete the app and reinstall it).
2) Access BrowZine: Tap on the app icon to open BrowZine. A list of libraries will appear, please select University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust. Enter your UHCW OpenAthens username and password. The App will save your OpenAthens details. To create bookshelves and save your favourites you will need to register an e-mail address on BrowZine.
3) Start browsing! Use the Subject dropdown menu to browse by subject categories or the Titles A-Z to find a specific title by name.
The CASP App is available for Apple devices. It allows you to appraise 8 kinds of studies using worksheet templates and it stores your results. It includes an evidence-based practice glossary and calculators to help with numbers needed to treat, pretest probabilities etc. You can also add links to articles and PubMed IDs.
Get the CASP App for iPhone/iPad here.
ClinicalKey includes the full text of more than 600 journals and 1,200 textbooks, optimised for mobile devices. It requires an Internet connection and works with your UHCW Athens login. Before downloading and installing the ClinicalKey App on your smartphone or tablet, please make sure you have activated your personal registration on the ClinicalKey website. To check this, log in here and look at the top right of the screen. If you see the word Activate instead of your name, you will need to click that word and follow the instructions to complete the activation. Then you will be ready to download and use the App.
|ClinicalKey for Android||ClinicalKey for Apple|
Ebsco DynaMed gives you frequently-updated, evidence-based clinical topic summaries, images and reviews with many links to full text. The DynaMed Mobile App is available for Android and Apple devices. To get the App you will need to have created a DynaMed personal account (this is in addition to your Athens login).
- Click here to log in to DynaMed with your UHCW Athens username & password.
- Once logged in, click SIGN IN. If you have already created a DynaMed personal account, sign in to it. If not, please create one.
- Guidelines: the Guidelines.co.uk App contains concise summaries of major primary and shared care clinical guidelines from the UK, and covers a wide range of clinical areas. It is fully searchable, contains all the current content from the Guidelines handbook plus additional summaries, and is updated monthly. It is available for Android and Apple devices here. Free registration required.
- Guidelines for Nurses: the companion App for nurses is available here.
SORT is a surgical preoperative risk prediction tool that provides a percentage mortality risk for death within 30 days of surgery for adults undergoing inpatient surgery (exclusions – obstetrics, neurosurgery, cardiac and transplant surgery). It was developed and internally validated as a collaborative effort by researchers from NCEPOD (National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death) and the UCL/UCLH Surgical Outcomes Research Centre (SOuRCe).
Get the SORT App for Android and Apple devices at http://www.ncepod.org.uk/sort.html
TRIP (originally Turning Research Into Practice) has long been established as the premier free search engine for evidence-based practice. The App is easy to use, and you can log in to your personal TRIP account (or set one up if you have not already done so). Currently (February 2019) only available for Apple devices HERE.
All UK healthcare professionals have a duty to report drug side effects and adverse reactions to the MHRA via the Yellow Card scheme. The Yellow Card App is available for Apple and Android devices.
|Download Yellow Card from iTunes||Download Yellow Card from Google Play|