Providing patients with high-quality, evidence-based and easy to understand health information means they are more able to give informed consent, make informed choices and play a more active role in their treatment. This results in better outcomes, both for the patients and the services that we provide.
All information produced within UHCW NHS Trust on conditions, treatments, procedures or services must comply with UHCW’s Creating Health Information for Patients policy and go through the approval process. Once approved, the information is then made available through eLibrary and the Trust website. If you are involved in writing or updating patient information and would like more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Our team provides the following support:
- Proofreading – suggestions on readability, content and style
- Support with the approval process of new leaflets
- Updating of current leaflets
- General eLibrary administration (Patient information leaflets only)
An evidence search can also be requested for new leaflets by contacting email@example.com
We also run workshops throughout the year. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Here are some useful tools and resources:
- Using images in UHCW patient information leaflets
- NHS Content Style Guide
- HEE Health Literacy e-learning
- A-Z of NHS health writing