Useful Patient Information Resources
- NHS Choices http://www.nhs.uk
- Patient UK http://www.patient.co.uk
- Health Talk http://www.healthtalk.org/
- Medline Plus http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ – patient information portal from the US Narional Library of Medicine
Search engines for patient information – these can provide more focused and evidence-based results than relying on a general site such as Google or Yahoo!
- Cochrane Plain Language Summaries of Health Evidence http://www.cochrane.org/evidence –
- NICE Evidence http://www.evidence.nhs.uk – access to selected and authoritative evidence in health, social care and public health.
- TRIP https://tripdatabase.com – search results include an option to view relevant patient information leaflets
Resources about information services for health
- Libraries Deliver Healthier and Happier Lives https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/712807/Libraries_Taskforce_-_Healthier_and_Happier_Lives.pdf
- Knowledge for Healthcare Health Information Week information page http://kfh.libraryservices.nhs.uk/patient-and-public-information/health-information-week-2/
- Find out more about our involvement in Health Information Week 2018
- Download a PDF of our quick guide to finding good quality health information