Clinical Evidence Based Information Service
CEBIS supports you to use research evidence in your work, to deliver optimal patient care.
Do you have a question about the best treatment for a particular patient?
Are there differences of opinion amongst colleagues regarding the ‘best’ way to investigate or treat a condition?
Would you like to ensure that you are up to date on the latest evidence based research in your area?
Let CEBIS help: e-mail your query to CEBIS@uhcw.nhs.uk and a CEBIS specialist will undertake a search of the evidence, including primary research and secondary evidence such as systematic reviews.
|Watch our CEBIS videos|
CEBIS can help you to
- Improve clinical practice
- Improve service delivery
- Plan and carry out research and audit projects
- Save time and money
- Confirm best practice and/or lack of evidence
- Present and discuss the best available evidence, enabling informed local decision making
- Ensure Trust guidelines are based on best and most recent research
- Develop critical appraisal skills of individuals and teams
- Broaden clinical knowledge
- Access research evidence at the point of care
- Increase the Trust’s profile through publication or presentation of CEBIS findings