The #AMillionDecisions campaign showcases the role of library and information services in supporting decision making in the NHS, where a million decisions are made every day. Library and Knowledge Services put timely knowledge into the hands of healthcare professionals and managers to enable their decisions to be made based on sound evidence. See the services we offer to support evidence-based practice:
- Clinical Evidence Based Information Service (CEBIS) – supporting patient care, research, and improving clinical knowledge.
- Corporate Evidence Summaries – to support non-clinical decision making.
- Corporate Business Record Evidence Summaries – for the evidence to support the creation and review of Trust corporate business records.
- Information Resources – online and print access to thousands of articles, reports, books and case studies. Article and book request service.
- Current Awareness – keeping you informed about the latest news and developments in health care using our bulletin, Keeping UHCW Current. Receive alerts on specific topics of interest.
- Knowledge Skills training – facilitating the learning of knowledge skills, providing Trust staff with the skills to effectively use information in research and clinical practice.
Use the menu links to find more information and to access these services. Also see:
- Lessons Learned Bulletins – bulletins to share learning from patient safety incidents and complaints on the Quality Department’s Knowledge Hub.
- Foundation Years’ Bulletins – evidence to support the teaching sessions of junior doctors. See Evidence Bulletins under Foundation 2 on the Medical Education website.