We are having a busy and productive summer. Here are some of the highlights so far:
CEBIS (Clinical Evidence-Based Information Service)
CEBIS searches the literature and provides evidence summaries, supporting you to use research evidence in your work and deliver optimal patient care.
Do you ever need information or evidence to support your clinical decision-making or advice provided to an individual patient? All staff with access to CRRS can now put in an evidence search request to CEBIS directly via the patient record. For more details and help please e-mail the CEBIS team.
See our CEBIS section for further information about what we can do for you.
We have updated the Patient Information Leaflet template to improve accessibility. The updated template is now available on eLibrary under Patient Information Leaflets and asks for all leaflets to be in Arial 14pt with 6pt spacing. Please make sure to use this version of the template when updating and creating new leaflets. For further information please e-mail the Patient Information Specialist.
Don’t forget that a member of the ESR team is on hand in the Library from 3pm-4pm every Wednesday to help staff with logging on, enrolling and any other queries.
Library & Knowledge Services Departmental Photocopying/Printing Accounts
A departmental account allows Users to access the Library’s printing/photocopying service without individually charging them at the point of use. This is subsequently charged, at the end of each financial year, to the relevant budget holder and UHCW budget code as provided on the authorisation form.
Budget holders may specify any of the following:-
o printing/photocopying from the Library’s own stock only
o material obtained from outside sources (known as inter library loans)
o both of the above
· In addition budget holders may specify:-
o whole department usage
o specific users (names entered on the authorisation form)
· Users of the facility need to be registered Library members. Registration is easy and takes a couple of minutes to complete.
· The departmental account facility is authorised purely at the budget holders’ discretion.
· It is also possible to set a specific amount per annum and when this is reached the Library will check whether you wish to extend the amount or suspend the account for the remainder of the year.
· Charges remain at:
o 5p per A4 sheet
o 10p per A3 sheet
o £2 per inter library article
o £5 per inter library loan
For further information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call x28829.
Last but by no means least, we would like to record the following Compliments and celebrations
· LKS received this lovely compliment for the Library & Knowledge Specialists team and Petra, for her support with Knowledge Skills training. “Thank you for all your help with my research dissertation – I managed to get a distinction!” –Karen Carney, Consultant Radiographer. Breast Imaging.
· @_VickiCollie (Physiotherapist) tweeted a picture of her graduation with the following fabulous comments for Anna: “Finally graduated #NIHR Masters by research. Thank you to all that supported me especially my parents, Anna Brown at @UHCW_CEBIS, everyone @UHCW_RandD, my supervisory team @ cov uni and @UHCW_Therapy. I couldn’t have done it without you all. I will be ever grateful for the extra support and commitment from Anna Brown who contributed massively to my research!” https://twitter.com/_VickiCollie/status/1151496243383873537?s=20
· Following CEBIS presence at the Microbiology Journal club, we had a referral to look for evidence to support recommendations in their policy and a consultant said that he had heard “excellent things about us [CEBIS]”.
· A great comment from the CEBIS User Survey “I feel each individual’s needs are different and this service which is flexible and accommodating is extremely valuable.” Don’t forget to promote the fact that CEBIS referrals can be made directly from CRRS.