Every day more than a million decisions are made across the healthcare sector. These decisions have a profound effect on people’s lives and a significant impact on the quality and cost of healthcare. Under the Health and Social Care Act 2012, there is a responsibility for health services to use evidence obtained from research.
The Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) and Health Education England are campaigning for decisions in the healthcare sector to be fully evidence-based. This campaign highlights the improvements in the quality of care, patient experience and cost effectiveness gained when healthcare providers and their teams work closely with health librarians and knowledge specialists.
UHCW Library and Knowledge Services supports Health Education England’s commitment to NHS library and knowledge services:
- Clinical Evidence Based Information Service (CEBIS) – supporting patient care, research, and improving clinical knowledge.
- Corporate Evidence Summaries – to support non-clinical decision making.
- Information Resources – instant online and print access to articles, reports, books, journals and case studies from more than 300,000 publications worldwide. Article and book request service.
- Current Awareness – keep informed about the latest news and developments in health care using our bulletin, Keeping UHCW Current. Receive regular alerts on specific topics of interest.
- Knowledge Skills training – facilitating the learning of knowledge skills, providing Trust staff with the skills to make effective use of information in research and clinical practice.
We are committed to supporting world-class decision making at UHCW with the evidence, as well as your individual knowledge, revalidation and CPD needs. Take a good look around our website and contact us to find out more about any of our activities and services.